Gateway to Arabic Book Four focuses on family relationships and life in the home. It builds upon the student's knowledge of past, present, and imperative verbs by introducing some hollow, doubled root letter and 'hamzated' verb forms. Each topic is reinforced through the provision of realistic dialogues to enable the student to gain greater confidence and fluency in using Arabic.
This book covers:
- Family relationships
- Home and family life
- Asking for and giving directions
- Telling the time
- Extensive dialogue practice
- Doubled root letter verbs
- Hollow verbs
- Verbs with an initial alif or waw
- Verbs with a medial or final hamza
- Interrogative particles • Rules governing hamza
- Cardinal numbers from 20 to 99 and ordinal numbers from 1 to 19 and the rules governing their use.
- A comprehensive listing of the nouns used in the book, together with their plural forms
- A list of the past tense of 115 verbs used in the book, together with their present tense forms